Goal: To support executive staff to assure efficient and responsive operations of agency by completing duties that complement program, administrative and organizational initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 3 years office administration. Work independently, balancing competing demands with dependability. Possess good oral and written communication skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work to fulfill the needs of agency leadership.
Desired Qualifications: Experience working with several members of a management team and familiarity with the not for profit sector.
- Provide support for agency CEO, Deputy Director and Vice Presidents as they carry out their duties providing organizational and community leadership on the issue of family violence.
- Assume responsibility for coordination of Board of Directors meetings, including attending meetings, taking minutes, setting meetings and tracking Board activities.
- Assist with the facilitation and coordination of agency events for visibility and achievement of development goals.
- Maintain Gift Works donor database, generate thank you letters for all donations received, including AUW and Combined Federal Campaign.
- Participate in development, reproduction, compilation and preparation of materials for community dissemination, trainings and publication.
- Meet executive team needs for correspondence, filing, contact with colleagues, partners and funders.
- Support agency efforts to respond to legislative demands: monitor hearing notices, create files for bills introduced, submit testimony, prepare packets for legislators.
- Manage calendar of appointments, meetings, hearings, committee participation; keep master calendar updated and current.
- Respond to management technology needs.
- Maintain executive filing system for easy access and currency.
- Function as part of the Operations Team in supporting administrative and organizational initiatives and assist with front desk coverage on a rotation basis.
- Participate in four relevant agency and staff meetings, staff development programs, and four trainings per year relevant to the position.
- Assume other duties requested by the VP of Survivor and Advocacy Services, VP of Community, Organizing and Education, and VP of Operations.
- Reports to Chief Executive Officer.
Interested? Submit your cover letter, resume and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org